Pursue Paralegal Training in Ottawa West, Ontario
Posted Friday, Jul 8, 2011 by
Paralegal training is a great way to prepare students interested in qualifying for entry-level employment in the legal field. The paralegal profession can be a great career move for those who may not have the desire or the goals to become a lawyer, but are still fascinated by the law.
The truth is a career as a lawyer or a career as a paralegal are professional occupations that command respect in the legal field. Choosing the training to become a paralegal is a personal preference and there are those who have realized successful careers as a result.
The goal of Everest College’s Ottawa West campus is to provide the learning environment where students can develop critical reasoning abilities, effective written communication skills and a concrete understanding of legal principles.
The Paralegal program at the Ottawa West campus provides professional training in the following courses:
- Student Success Strategies
- Oral Communication
- Introduction to the Legal System
- Ethics and Professional Responsibility
- Practice Management and Operating a Small Business
- Legal Computer Applications
- Legal Accounting
- Basic Critical Thinking
- Legal Research and Writing
- Communication and Writing
- Torts and Contracts
- Employment Law
- Evidence and the Litigation Process
- ADR – Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Small Claims Court
- Criminal and Summary Conviction Procedure
- Provincial Offences and Motor Vehicle Offences
- Administrative Law
- Tribunal Practice and Procedure
- Residential Landlord and Tenant Law
- Professional Skills
- Career and Employment Strategies
Contact Everest College of Business, Technology and Health Care at its Ottawa West campus today and learn more about how you can enroll in training that may help prepare you for a number of entry-level positions in the legal field, including law and paralegal firms, legal departments of corporations, provincial court offices and more.